Installation, Operation, and Storage of Glass Lined Equipment
I. Installation of Glass Lined Equipment
It is only allowed to exert force on the tank lugs when transporting the unpackaged glass lined equipment. Make sure the coupler, clamps and other wearing parts are under no stress. Rolling the equipment or moving it with a crowbar is not permitted. Avoid shock and collision.
When hoisting the glass lined equipment, the wire rope must be hitched to the specified position like the jacket nozzle, tank lug, etc. (Note that the rings on the tank lid are only for lifting the lid.) Smoothly lift and gently put down the equipment, making sure the equipment does not collide with any objects.
3. Check before Assembly
Before assembly, the checker should wear clean, soft-soled shoes and enter the tank to check whether the glass lining is intact.
4. Flange Mounting
Gradually tighten the flange bolts in pairs and along the diagonal with uniform force. Do not screw up the bolts all at once, so as to prevent the glass lining from being damaged by uneven force.
5. Clamp Installation
Before installing the clamps, check if the clamps are intact and the quantity meets the requirement. During installation, make sure the distance between clamps is equal and the tightness degree is appropriate, so as to ensure safe running and reliable sealing.
6. Agitator Installation
a. Firstly, put the agitator into the tank, the bottom of which is laid with a soft mat. Then, lift the tank lid to a predetermined position and mount the seal on the agitator shaft. Subsequently, lift the agitator; connect it to the output shaft of reducer; and lock them with check nut and check bolt.
b. Adjust the concentricity and perpendicularity of the agitator shaft and seal according to technical specifications. Then, make the agitator shaft rotate slowly. Only when the shaft rotates smoothly with no anomalies can the motor button be opened.
7. Gasket Selection
The gasket must be selected according to the type, concentration, and temperature of medium. Its properties and application method should meet process requirements. Currently, our company offers the following gaskets for you to choose from.
a. PTFE wrapped asbestos gasket
b. PTFE wrapped asbestos gasket with corrugated stainless steel
c. PTFE wrapped non-asbestos gasket with corrugated stainless steel
d. PTFE wrapped rubber gasket
a. Welding on the outside surface of glass lined tank is prohibited.
b. For welding nozzles, lugs, and supports, please use electric welding and take cooling measures. DO NOT use gas welding.
c. When welding near the glass lining, please cover the glass lining and nozzles to prevent the glass lining being damaged by the splashing welding slag.
II. Operation of Glass Lined Equipment
During the use of glass lined equipment, please pay attention to the following.
1. Prevent any metal or hard objects falling into the glass lined vessel to damage the glass lining.
2. Avoid feeding hot materials to cold tank or cold materials to hot tank, as the sudden change in temperature will produce internal stress which affects the service life of glass lined tank.
3. When operating the jacketed glass lined equipment, you should make sure that pressurizing and heating are conducted slowly. Generally, inject steam with the gage pressure of 0.1MPa into the tank and maintain this pressure for 15 minutes. Then, gradually increase the pressure and temperature until the operating pressure of the tank is reached. It is appropriate to increase the pressure at the speed of 0.1MPa per 10 minutes.
Both heating and cooling should be performed within the allowable temperature range. For our glass lined equipment, the operating temperature is 0 to 200 ℃. The permitted thermal shock is 120℃ and cold shock is 110℃. If the equipment is supposed to use outside the above-mentioned temperature range, customers should specify this in the order contract, and we can design and manufacture the equipment meeting customer requirements.
4. During use, prevent acid entering the jacket. This is to avoid the glass lining explosion caused by the reaction of hydrogen and metal in the glass lining.
5. During discharging, if the discharge valve or pipe is blocked, use a nonmetallic tool to gently poke the valve or pipe. DO NOT knock.
6. DO NOT use hardware to clean the tank interior. The materials adhered on the internal surface of the tank must be cleaned timely and thoroughly.
III. Storage of Glass Lined Equipment
The glass lined equipment should be stored in the warehouse. If it is placed outdoors, there should be anti-rain measures. In cold areas, water inside the tank, jacket, and tubes must be cleared before winter, so as to avoid glass lining damage caused by freezing and expansion. During storage, prevent hard objects rubbing, impacting, or colliding with the glass lined equipment.